The 2020 PVAHA Player Development Tryouts will be held at the Rockville Ice Arena in Rockville, MD from Friday, April 17 – Sunday, April 19, 2020. The “main camp” will be held Saturday and Sunday. All tryouts this year will be held at the Rockville Ice Arena.
On Friday, April 17, 2020, the Affiliate will host an “invite only” tryout. The participants for this tryout will be made up of the following:
- Each club hockey director will be asked to identify and recommend up to 5 players (including goaltenders) per applicable birth year (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006) from their organiztion to participate in “invite only” tryout on Friday, April 17, 2020 at the Rockville Ice Arena. There will be no fee to participate in the “invite only” tryout on Friday, April 17, 2020. The players names and emails must be submitted to Kevin Connelie (email@example.com) no later than March 31, 2020.
- Age-appropriate out-of-affiliate, prep school and junior players (both USA Hockey and non-USA Hockey, however, non‑USA Hockey players will need to secure a current USA Hockey registration in order to participate) are eligible to participate with appropriate recommendations.
- Players selected from the Friday “invite-only” tryout would then be invited to the Saturday/Sunday “main camp.” Rostered players who just concluded their seasons for either Team Maryland or the Washington Little Capitals are granted direct entry to the Saturday/Sunday “main camp.”
- Players must be U.S. citizens to register.
- The “main camp” will be held on Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19, 2020, at the Rockville Ice Arena. Player selctions will be made to attend the Southeastern District Player Development Tryouts held May 8–10, 2020 at Extreme Ice in Indian Trail, NC.
For birth years 2003–2005, the Affiliate Player Development Tryouts are the first step to being selected for the USA Hockey National Player Development Camps. A player selected from the PVAHA Main Camp will then participate in the USA Hockey Southeastern District Player Development Tryouts held in May each year at the Extreme Ice Center in Indian Trail, North Carolina, outside of Charlotte. Players chosen at this event move on to the national development camps.
For birth year 2006, these tryouts are for a chance to participate in the USA Hockey Southeastern District Select 14 Camp to be held at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio.
There is no cost for the Invite-Only Tryout, however, if you are selected to move on to the Main Camp, you will be required to pay the $60 registration fee. All registration is done online, we do not have the ability to register you as a walk-up.