skip navigation

Games Against Non USA Hockey Teams

10/20/2012, 1:45pm EDT
By Potomac Valley Amateur Hockey Association, Inc.

USA Hockey Registration is a two part process. First the player or coach must register with USA Hockey and obtain a confirmation number Next, that player or coach needs to present that confirmation to an Association Registrar so that the Association may claim that player or coach to that Association. The Association then creates teams consisting of those players and coaches. Those teams are USA Hockey registered teams. 

USA Hockey registered teams may only play other USA Hockey registered teams.  Any USA Hockey team that wishes to play a non-USA Hockey registered team (for example National Federation High School or Prep school) must submit a request for Special Event Sanction to the District Registrar before any game is played.  Special Event Sanction Form  

The District Registrar will determine if the game is authorized for the USA Hockey registered team. The District Registrar is:
Mark Bodner
6589 Piemonte Drive
Boyton Beach, FL 33472  

The PVAHA does not have a list of all non USA Hockey teams playing within the affiliate. Please check the Registration menu link for a list of USA Hockey Associations within the PVAHA. If a team is not part of one of these Associations, it is not USA Hockey and you must use the Special Event Sanction Form. When in doubt - Ask!

Tag(s): Home